Last Updated on
Anybody who’s ever worked with tiles, even occasionally, will understand the importance of using the best tile cutter.
Where ordinary tile saws fail to work on brittle and thick tiles, a wet tile saw can deliver precision and straight cuts like no other equipment can.
There are many wet tile saws to be found in the market these days and for you to make a list of all of them and evaluate them individually could well turn out to be a backbreaking process. That’s why I’ve stepped in and made things easier for you.
I’ve invested a lot of time looking at most of the wet tile saws in the market and have collected information on a few top selling ones, reviewing all of them carefully and objectively.
Therefore, do take a look at our reviews below before you go out and buy a wet saw. It’s always good to make an informed choice, don’t you think?
- 1 So, What is the Best Tile Saw for the Money?
- 2 Best Tile Cutter Reviews – Wet Tile Cutter Reviews for 2020
- 3 Buying Guide
- 4 How to Cut Tile with a Wet Saw Video
- 5 How to Cut Tile without a Wet Saw Video
So, What is the Best Tile Saw for the Money?
Gentlemen, the best tile cutter for the money is the Skil 3540-02 4.2-Amp 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw .
This wet tile saw is Amazon.com’s bestseller in the Tile & Masonry Saws category. This means one thing – people love the wet saw tile cutter.
The best wet saw for tile makes accurate cuts and otherwise works very well; the adjustable rip fence with miter gauge makes precise, straight miter cuts and the bevel can cut the tile on an angle anywhere between 0 and 45 degrees.
The Skil 3540-02 wet tile saw design is also quite durable and made with ease of use in mind; the stainless steel tabletop is resistant to corrosion and the water reservoir keeps the blade cool and reduces dust and debris.
For features, scroll down to the “Skil 3540-02 4.2-Amp 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw Review” section.
Best Tile Cutter Reviews – Wet Tile Cutter Reviews for 2020
They say that good things come in twos – I say, good things come in fives…
Instead of giving you just one tile cutter, I’ll give you five of the best tile cutters on the market. You’re spoilt for choice!
The tile cutter reviews below provide you essential information about the five tile saws used by most contractors around the world.
Here are a few of the best rated wet tile cutters on the market today. (Were it not for limited time and resources, I’d have given you 7 wet tile saw reviews)
#5. DeWalt D24000 Tile Saw Review 2020
The DeWalt D24000 tile saw with Stand is a great tool to have for contractors and homeowners alike.
It boasts a 1 1/2 horsepower, 15-amp motor allowing easy cuts through even the hardest materials, such as granite. DeWalt has designed this motor/blade to tilt and lock at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees for those miter cuts.
The plunge feature alone is a fantastic reason to own this saw, for it makes register and outlet cuts in no time. The DeWalt d24000 tile saw also has a 3 1/8 inch cutting capacity to handle masonry jobs and can cut up to thirteen inches from the motor support to the blade.
The DeWalt wet tile cutter is built on an integrated, stainless steel, cantilevered, rail, and cart system giving it a 24-inch ripping capacity and an 18-inch diagonal cut. This is one of the best capacities in the industry for a 10-inch saw.
Transportation of this saw has been made relatively easy. It fits well inside of a vehicle with a footprint of 36″X26″. At 69 pounds (dry weight), you can move it easily. You can also break it down further by removing the sliding table or the water trays.
The DeWalt wet tile saw has a 90-day money back guarantee, a 3-year limited warranty for defects from workmanship or faulty materials, and a 1-year free service contract. The competitors only have 1-year warranties.
DeWalt d24000 Tile Saw Features Overview
- Cantilevering Rail and Cart System
- 18″ diagonal & 24-inch ripping cuts
- 69 pounds with a compact frame
- 1 1/2 hp motor, 4200rpms, 15 amps (strong enough to cut granite)
- Integrated 45 degree/ 22.5 degree miter
- Plunge option for cutting registers or outlets
- Adjustable Dual Nozzles to direct water flow to your blade
- Rear/side water containment attachments to decrease runoff and spray
- 5-gallon water pan
Other DeWalt d24000 Tile Saw Features
- The D24000(s) comes with a folding stand specifically designed for this saw
- Includes blade, blade wrench, and Allen wrenches
- Operating Voltage 110v/120v @ 60hz (North America)
- Included Corner Cut Edge Guide (2 position 45/90 degree)
#4. MK Diamond Tile Saw 158189 MK-100 Review
The MK diamond tile saw 158189 MK-100 is a professional grade product, with a powerful motor and super-quiet performance. One of the best wet tile cutter on the market!
The high torque, fan-cooled and fully enclosed motor produces a 1-1/2 horsepower output. The capabilities of the MK-100 include diagonally cutting a 12-inch tile and ripping an 18-inch tile. The depth of cut it produces is 3 ¾ inches and its blade capacity is 10 inches.
Its frame is a zinc-plated, heavy-duty, one-piece steel assembly, and it comes with an adjustable rip guide and a submersible electric water pump. In spite of its heavy-duty steel frame, the construction of the MK-100 wet tile saw is lightweight. Its special shaft lock is a very handy addition, as it makes blade changes safe and easy.
It carries a limited warranty for one year and is manufactured in the USA.
MK diamond tile saw 158189 MK-100 Technical Details
- Comes with a shaft lock for easy and safe blade changes
- Has a cutting depth capability of 3-1/4-inches
- Can diagonally cut a 12-inch tile and rip cut an 18-inch tile
- Its 115-volt GE motor has a powerful output of 1-1/2 horsepower
This is one of the most durable and efficient tile saws in the market.
The MK-100 1-1/2-Horsepower 10-inch Wet Tile Saw is built to last you not just years but also a generation or more. Its design and heavy-duty steel frame are virtually indestructible.
While it is more expensive than most of the typical ¾ horsepower wet tile saws available in the market, the extra cost is more than justifiable.
It is effective at cutting through virtually anything. It could be granite, other kinds of stone, concrete pavers, tough porcelain or ceramic. Besides, it comes with a range of extra gadgets to add to the user’s work capacity, such as a shaft lock, a submersible water pump, and an adjustable rip guide. It also comes with a coated aluminum tray, which is highly durable. Al in all, the combination of this product’s durability and functionality make it an excellent buy.
#3. QEP 83200 Tile Saw Review 2019
The QEP 83200 Tile Saw is a useful piece of equipment for professional as well as DIY jobs.
It comes with a powerful 1 ½ horsepower motor, which produces a torque of 3,450 rpm, and it can cut all kinds of tiles, including stone, porcelain, granite, marble and masonry products.
The QEP tile saw specifications include a 1 ¾ inch cutting thickness, a 24-inch cutting length and a 5/8 inch arbor. It features a 10-inch continuous rim diamond blade and an adjustable tilting head. With this, 45-90 degree miter cuts can be made fast and easily.
The QEP 83200 wet tile saw also comes with a locking, tilt up blade guard, which facilitates smooth and fast blade changes.
The fiberglass water tray included in the kit is fully rust proof and slides out easily for complete and convenient cleaning. User convenience is further enhanced by the stand, which comes complete with rear locking wheels.
QEP 83200 Tile Saw Technical Details
- 120V electric motor produces an output of 1 ½ horsepower and a 3,450 rpm torque
- Tilting head comes with adjustable positioning and allows for swift 45° to 90° miter cuts
- 10-inch continuous rim diamond blade
- A Stand with rear locking wheels
- 24-inch cutting length, 1 3/4 inch cutting thickness, 5/8 inch arbor
- Dual water spray system spreads water flow evenly and enhances the diamond blade’s lifespan
Professionals as well as DIY enthusiasts, thanks to its versatility, impressive power output and quality of components, have used the QEP 83200 24-Inch Bridge Tile Saw successfully.
One of its biggest advantages of this best tile wet saw is that it cuts through virtually anything, and while running, it moves fast and produces clean cuts each time.
It is an unfortunate market standard that the blades that originally comes with most tile saw kits are not premium quality. The QEP 83200 wet tile saw is no exception.
While its blade is good enough for most residential DIY jobs, it may not be able to produce a very professional output when it is exposed to heavy-duty use.
Another cause for complaint is the barely functional wheels at the bottom. However, these can easily be adjusted and reattached.
#2. QEP Wet Tile Saw 61024 Brutus Review
The QEP 61024 24-Inch BRUTUS Professional Tile Saw has seen a lot of tiles go through its blades. It is one of the best wet saw tile cutters you can get in the market.
These saws have a 1100 watt motor (~1.5 HP) and the RPM’s reach 3450 placing it in the category to cut just about anything it wants to.
The major products like tile, marble, granite, stone, porcelain, and masonry are easily handled with the right blade.
It easily rips up to 24 inches and diagonally cuts 18 inches like many other saws in the 10-inch category. An adjustable tilting head gives easy 45-degree to 90-degree miter cuts but does not seem to offer the 22.5-degree cut that some of the other saws do.
The plunge feature also is an advantage for making an outlet cut within a tile. The depth of cut, however, is less than some other saws at 2 3/8″.
A locking tilt-up blade guard makes changing a blade easier. This wet tile saw also has a slide tube mounting system, which makes smoother and accurate cuts when also using the larger non-slip rubber matted table.
This table also extends out with a pull-out wing to support the larger tiles or slabs of material. There is a motor safety feature too that many people would like.
It features an automatic thermal overload protection system to keep the saw from overheating. It comes with an angle rip guide that makes multiple cuts easier and accurate but is not an integrated feature.
The QEP Wet Tile Saw 61024 Brutus has an enclosed dual water spray system. This ensures an even spray of water over the diamond blade to lengthen the life of the blade. The rust-proof water tray is easily moved in and out of position for cleaning and a rear water tray helps trap escaping water.
The weight of this saw comes in at about 106 pounds with the stand, which makes it a heavier saw. It also has a wider footprint at 40×21.5 inches with the stand.
However, the stand that comes with this saw is very convenient. The saw mounts to the stand and the stand itself acts as the transport. It has rear locking wheels and when converted the stand acts as a dolly for transport around your shop or job site.
QEP offers a one-year limited warranty.
QEP Wet Tile Saw 61024 Brutus Features Overview:
- Weight 106 pounds (with convenient stand)
- Operating Input Voltage 110 volt / 120 volt @ 60hz (North America)
- RPM (Rotations Per Minute) 3,450
- Blade Size 10-inch
- Arbor Size 5/8-inch
- Horsepower 1.5 HP
- Integrated Miter No
- Plunge Feature Yes
- Max Depth of Cut 2 3/8-inch
- Max Rip Capacity 24-inch
- Diagonal Cut Capacity 18-inch
- Bevel Capacity: Up to 45 degrees
- Pull out wings on the sliding table for support of larger materials
- Splash guard and back splash tray minimizing spray
- Rust Proof, Fiberglass impregnated water tray
- Automatic Thermal Overload Protection
QEP Wet Tile Saw 61024 Brutus Includes
- Easy fold-out stand with 3-inch locking wheels
- High Volume Water Pump
- 2 Wrenches
- 45-90 degree angle and rip guide
- Locking Safety Switch/Key
- 10″ Continuous Rim Wet Diamond Blade
#1. Skil 3540-02 4.2-Amp 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw Review
The Skil 3540-02 4.2-Amp 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw is designed for DIY jobs around the house.
The Skil 3540-02 wet tile saw is easy to set up and robust enough for DIY use. The blade cuts well but is more suited to thicker tiles and is easily changed.
Skil 3540-02 4.2-Amp 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw Features
The following are some of the features that make this the best wet tile saw for the money:
- The saw’s stainless steel table top is resistant to corrosion
- The adjustable rip fence with miter gauge produces straight miter cuts
- Bevel cuts tile from 0 to 45 degrees gives flexibility for different cut types
- The best tile cutter for the money has a reservoir that both keeps the blade cool and reduces the amount of dust and debris
- 7″ Diamond Blade for Fast and Smooth Cutting
- The best wet tile saw on the market comes with 3540 Wet Tile Saw, 7″ Diamond Blade, Blade Guard, Blade Wrenches
Skil 3540-02 4.2-Amp 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw Review Minor niggles include the small size of the water reservoir and the fiddliness of the fence adjustment. Would suit best for the DIYer who needs to use a tile saw for several days, but cannot afford to rent or buy a more fully-featured saw.
Getting the best wet tile saw for the money should not be a troublesome task for you. Here are the top features that you need to seek in a tile saw before purchasing it to ensure you walk out with the best tile cutting saw in the store:
- Durability: this is an important factor that you need to consider in any electrical appliances that you are trying to purchase. You should get a product that will be able to be of service for a really great duration of time before it starts breaking down.
- Weight: Believe me, you do not need a heavy machine to get the job done. You should purchase a tile saw that you will have an easy time carrying around for mobile services.
- Features: A tile saw can have features like miter gages and fences. You should choose the saw that you feel gives you everything you need.
- AC rating: so that you will not blow up your machine, you should choose a machine that can handle power from the AC sockets. Choose according to your country’s rating.
- Bevel options: You can get a number of tile settings when you choose a tile saw that allows you to choose bevel settings. Pick a saw that gives you bevel options so that you can diversify your cutting services.
If you have completely covered the whole of this article, then you have known best tile saw for the money that you can purchase. You also get to know of how you can identify the best ones within the array of choices in the market.
I hope the above tile saw reviews (best electric tile cutter reviews) and information have helped you get best wet cutter saw for the money.