What are the best air purifiers under 200? Air is Life. Pure air indicates a healthier life. We should not have much trouble getting that fresh air. We ought to breathe easily; without thinking about what we are breathing because even breathing is unintentional.
Have you ever imagined that we can’t remain alive without air for 3 minutes; maybe we can without food or water for that time. I’m aware that the air is filled with pollutants these days, and you may be wondering how you should obtain pure breath.
Science takes care of it and it’s the reason why technology has developed the best affordable air purifier; God-sent devices that literally absorb contaminants in the air and only leave you with clean air to breathe.
The days when these devices were used only in hospitals are gone. Currently, several firms have developed countless forms of the machine that are cheaper and can be adapted to the needs of your office or home.
As a result, it has become difficult to make an appropriate choice in relation to cost, quality, and usability.
If you’ve ever conducted any type of investigation on air purifiers, probably you’ve observed that most of them are expensive. In actual fact, you’ve obviously seen that many of the best-selling air purifiers’ prices range from $150 to $400.
In this article, we shall first look at what to consider when selecting the best affordable air purifier.
You Might Also Like: What is the Best Air Purifier Car?
- 1 Best Air Purifiers under 200 Buying Guide
- 2 Best Air Purifiers under 200 Reviews 2021
- 3 Conclusion
Best Air Purifiers under 200 Buying Guide
There is no shortage of costly air purifiers, though if you want a prudent solution to purify the air at home, you should buy an effective design whose price is $100 or less and can still work well.
Obviously, that doesn’t imply just looking at the cost and purchasing whatever is in that range of price. Before picking up an air purifier, there are a few practical specifications to ensure you get top quality in your budget class.
Size of the room
The first stage when selecting an air purifier is to understand the extent of the space you want your purifier to clean. Small desktop purifiers are ineffective in big living rooms; more powerful air purifiers in your child’s bedroom may be overwhelming.
One method of finding the best suitable purifier is looking at ‘’air changes every hour.’’ This measure may be inclusive in the specialization of the purifier.
This helps you apprehend how filtration operates, since a smaller air purifier in a 350 sq. feet space can turn the air 8 times every hour. However, in a 700 sq. feet room it can handle 4 air changes every hour.
Types of pollutants
Some devices filter out certain pollutants better than others. For instance, if your major concern is smoke from cigarettes, you will require a different appliance than one who lives together with pets.
These appliances are rated depending on how competently they filter different sizes of pollutants. Although many purifiers are alike across the board, some are considerably more efficient in trapping dust and dandruff than smoke (and vice versa).
Clean Air Delivery Rate
Many air purifiers have a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate), a key figure created by the Association of Household Appliances Manufacturers, which provides consumers with information about how efficient an appliance is in filtering a variety of particles in a particular room size.
For instance, a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 200 implies that the purifier can decrease the concentration of pollen which is equal to 200 cubic feet of clean air every minute.
Usually, the greater the amount, the more particles the device can get rid of and the bigger the space in which the device is expected to clean.
Type of filter
Mechanical filtering is used in the best affordable air purifiers that we suggest. This means they physically capture the contaminants that happen to go through them. Your air purifier probably has 2 filters or more: a pre-filter that traps big particles such as fur from pets and the major filter that collects pollutants that are smaller.
The pre-filters have no big difference. Some are washable (or vacuum cleanable), others can be disposed of. The second filter will cost a little more in the end, however, nothing much can be compared.
What is actually important is the major filter of your device. Generally, find a purifier that makes use of the HEPA (Highly Efficient Particulate Filter), the normal recommended by the American Lung Association or the EPA.
Several air purifiers publicize filtration procedures based on ionizers or UV light. The efficiency of these appliances hasn’t been well documented. They can also create ozone, a lung irritant that can cause problems in breathing worse than it can improve.
Many air purifiers have interior fans that draw air through a variety of filters. Some fans are almost completely silent, particularly when set the lowest. Others make a buzzing sound when turned up.
For instance, if you use the device in your bedroom or your baby’s room, you will require selecting an air purifier that is somewhat silent even when at high speeds.
Noise levels are measured in decibels in your air purifier’s specializations. We have perceived air purifiers that are rated at a low of 17dB which is like the rustling of leaves, while others achieve a noise level of 60dB or even more (comparable to an AC device that is 100 feet away).
Cost of maintenance
The cost of your air purifier beforehand is important if you have a limited budget. However, do not assume that you will have finished paying for the air purifier once you have it at home. You must replace the filters regularly.
The cost differs from one device to the other: Several of them have very costly filters; others have inexpensive filters that have to be replaced often. Although several pre-filters can be washed, the HEPA filters can be disposed and have to be completely replaced.
Before purchasing the best affordable air purifier, compute the annual maintenance cost and compare the price to other air purification devices you may consider. Let’s now look at some of the Cheapest Air Purifiers.
Best Air Purifiers under 200 Reviews 2021
Germ Guardian AC4825E True HEPA Filter Air Purifier
This air purifier is suitable for people who are allergic, smokers and those who have pets. It has a True HEPA filter that filters 99.97% of dust and allergens that have a size of only 0.3 microns.
In agreement with the American Academy of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, doctors suggest HEPA air filtration minimizes indoor exposure to triggers of asthma. The UV-C air purifier is more than just a filter.
It slays germs and the actuated carbon filter traps odors. With a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 125+ and a height of 28 inches, it’s light and perfect for medium to big rooms. This air purifier has a UV-C control, an indicator that alerts when the filter needs to be replaced.
You can select from 3 speeds. This includes low speed, which is extremely quiet and offers the correct amount of cooling making it one of the best air purifiers under 200.
- Cleans a capacity of up to 167 square feet: It assists in keeping the air purified and fresh.
- Has a True HEPA filter: The HEPA filter traps 99.97% of particles comprising of pollen, mold, dandruff from pets and dirt. The micron-mesh pre-filter and the washable filter that removes odors helps get rid of irritants and smells that are airborne.
- Be sure of when to replace the filter: An indicator turns on when the need to replace the filter arises.
- Clock: The timer permits up to 8 hours of pre-set operation for automated use and to decrease the consumption of power.
- Its controls are electronic: Has 5 fan speeds for specialized operation.
- The display is digital: It gives easy and spontaneous controls.
- Cable length is 5.9’: It provides access to a room outlet.
- ENERGY STAR approved: This environmentally friendly design minimizes power consumption.
- Has True HEPA filter and UV-C light which is a high performance for your money
- Best quality
- A guarantee for 3 years
- Very loud when set the highest
- Has no smart functions
Hamilton Beach TrueAir Air Purifier 04383A
This air purifier assists in minimizing dust mite refuse in the air, pet dandruff, mold and mildew bacterium, smoke, pollen and dirt. It makes it easier for you and your family to breathe.
Thanks to various popular sizes of air purifiers, Hamilton Beach offers an air purifier that you can afford and is efficient for your household.
These air purifiers fit accurately in every household. The low setting is perfect for a silent night in the bedroom. The Quick Clean setting can rapidly purify any room. In several air purifiers, the velocity automatically modifies to the needs of your family and the quality of the air in your room.
- Has a high-performance HEPA filter that traps 99% of air particles and dandruff which are only 3 microns
- Traps particles from dirt, pollen, mold, and pet dandruff
- Silent and pact
- Long-lasting filter doesn’t require changing and saves you $49 in 1 year compared to a comparable filter
- Has a clean easy to care filter
- Works efficiently for big rooms with 160 sq. feet
- Has 3 speeds: high for quickest cleaning, medium for use the whole day and low if you want it to be particularly quiet
- Pact, multi-functional design
- A fresh 3-stage air cleaning system
- Low cost
- Works poorly without a True HEPA filter
- Has no indicator to tell when it should be cleaned
- Very loud when set the highest
Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable Air Purifier
Germs watch out! This pluggable UV-C Disinfectant and Odor remover supplies your household with fresh and purified air. UV-C light minimizes the DNA of germs and prevents them from multiplying.
It’s simple to operate and doesn’t need to be assembled or set up. The smooth and pact model is perfect for small rooms. Simply plug it into an electrical outlet to slay bacteria and fight smells such as mildew, areas with pets and many more.
It’s perfect for small rooms like lavatories and laundry rooms. It is one of the best air purifiers under 200 dollars.
- Provides purified air
- Assists in minimizing odors
- Fights pathogenic microorganisms
- It’s pact
- Has a 1-year guarantee which is limited
- Very efficient
- Efficient power consumption
- Has UV-C technology
- Easy to plug and light
- Enhances the quality of air
- Doesn’t have HEPA filter
- Several people claim that it’s loud
Germ Guardian AC4100 HEPA Filter Air Cleaner
This air purifier has a 3-in-1 purifying system with a combination filter. This is what makes it the best affordable air purifier you can purchase.
Only one filter change is required, which keeps its price down and purifies the air efficiently
- Suitable for small spaces. Covers an area of 78 sq. feet
- True HEPA filter gets rid of 99.97% of particles which are 0.3 microns or more
- Has a carbon pre-filter for getting rid of pollen, dust, and smells
- A UV-C light which can be switched on to clean viruses in air
- Operates silently at the lowest speed of the fan
- ENERGY STAR approved
- 1-year limited guarantee
- It’s pact
- UV-C light fumigates the air
- The filter can last 6 months or more, therefore saving you money when changing the filter
- Conserves energy
- Efficient for smaller rooms only
- Doesn’t get of smoke rapidly
- Quality of air is not supervised
There isn’t anyone purifier that’s perfect for everyone. When you are looking for the best air purifiers under 200, you should always look at the appliance’s rating of CADR and types of filters to know how efficient it is for your particular needs.
When you have picked an air purifier that has top filtration for usual pollutants in your household and that’s the correct size for your room, consider secondary functions such as level of noise and movability. Also, ensure that power and constant costs of maintenance are in your budget.
Last Updated on January 21, 2021 by admin